At Skin Deep we go through multiple steps and follow many procedures to ensure our customers receive the highest quality tattoos and piercings in the cleanest environment possible, using the best equipment and materials on the market. This is our responsibility.
Aftercare is just as important as the procedure itself.
- The artist will explain proper aftercare procedures.
- You will be given a written copy of aftercare procedures.
- You will need to use the aftercare product we have available.
- If you want good results you must follow the aftercare instruction with vigilance.
- The procedures and products we have chosen for aftercare have been developed from years of experience, experimentation, and the collective knowledge of other experienced artist.
Tattoo Aftercare Instructions
It is the customer’s responsibility to heal the tattoo or piercing.
- Keep tattoo covered for at least one hour, no longer than eight hours.
- If bandage sticks to tattoo, soak in cool water until it falls off
- After removing bandage, wash tattoo and surrounding area with cold water and soap. Use hand don’t use cloth. Rinse away all surface blood, plasma, ointment, and remaining soap.
- Always blot dry, don’t rub tattoo until it is completely healed. Allow to dry for 15 minutes.
- Apply a thin layer of Tattoo Goo 3 to 4 times daily for 7 to 10 days. After that apply as needed to alleviate dryness. Do not over apply.
- Do not re-bandage tattoo.
- Do not apply alcohol, peroxide, or betadine solution to tattoo.
- Do not rub, pick, or scratch tattoo. Slap it lightly if it itches.
- Keep pets away from healing tattoo. Keep clean. If it gets dirty wash immediately.
- Tattoo will “peel” in about one week. This is normal. It will look like color is coming off. It isn’t. It is simply dead skin shedding itself. Your fresh tattoo will be underneath.
- Do not expose tattoo to sunlight for at least two weeks. After two weeks use Color Guard Stick to help protect tattoo from frequent sun or tanning exposure.
- Do not soak in bathtub, hot tub, lakes or pools for two weeks
- If the area around tattoo becomes more and more red, discontinue aftercare product, let tattoo dry out and wash with an antibacterial soap and water three times daily. Redness should go away in a couple days. Please feel free to call me if you are concerned with the healing process of your tattoo.
- In the event of infection please consult with your physician.