Piercings, like tattoos, if done correctly can be enjoyed for the rest of your life. Unlike tattoos which heal in a couple of weeks, piercings can take months to heal. To ensure the best outcome all aspects of the procedure need to be done correctly.
Often those who choose the cheap option get referred to Skin Deep Tattoo and Body Piercing to fix what should have been done correctly the first time.
At Skin Deep Tattoo and Body Piercing We choose quality!
At Skin Deep we understand that piercing isn’t as simple as poking a hole and shoving something in it, our goal is to provide our customers with the highest quality experience possible.
At Skin Deep you can expect:
- The highest quality implant grade titanium jewelry for all initial piercings. Our jewelry is American made and internally threaded. With proper aftercare, this produces optimal conditions for proper healing.
- Wide selection of sizes and styles of jewelry to ensure your piece fits correctly and looks its best.
- To be pierced by Mike Coons or Monte Vogel, both with over twenty years exerience. Mike is a member of the Association of Professional Piercers, which means he adheres to higher standards for services provided. Mike has extensive experience and training in all piercings including surface anchors and genitals.
- To be provided with thorough and up to date aftercare instructions and the highest quality all natural aftercare products to ensure the healing process goes well.
- The highest standards of sterilization in a clean, modern and friendly facility.
When you choose the cheapest option you may:
- Receive the lowest quality jewelry, usually Chinese made so the quality and type of metals are questionable which can cause problems with healing.
- Have limited sizes of jewelry which means that the piece you get may not fit correctly causing pain and healing problems.
- Be pierced by an inexperienced or poorly trained piercer, this could result in poorly placed, poorly executed piercings. Many problems can arise from this.
- Have no aftercare instructions given or aftercare products offered. Sometimes incorrect or outdated aftercare instructions are given. Infection is a possible side effect.
- Experience a facility that isn’t as clean as it should be. Infection is a possible side effect here as well.
What We Don’t Pierce
Just because you saw it online and someone gave it a cute name doesn’t make it a good idea.
- As members of the Association of Professional Piercers, we have at our fingertips the many years of combined knowledge of the most experienced piercers in the industry. That experience has been pooled to set basic standards of what constitutes a viable piercing, what jewelry works best, what placements work best, sterilization protocol, aftercare protocol, etc.
- We are more than happy to give you a viable piercing but we will not do something that we know will not heal correctly or could potentially cause permanent damage.
- If you call enough shops will you find someone to do that horizontal tongue piercing we just gave you a long list of reasons not to do? Sometimes…..and there’s a pretty good chance you’re going to end up referred back to our shop in a couple weeks to fix the mess they created. So skip the pain and disappointment; spend your money wisely the first time.