Minors – Piercing
Identification Requirements for Piercing Minors
- If you are under 18 the parent or legal guardian must accompany the minor for the entire procedure.
- A state-issued photo ID will be needed from both the minor and the parent or legal guardian. This can be a state-issued ID card, learner’s permit, driver’s license, passport, or military ID.
- A school-issued ID card is not acceptable.
- If the parent’s last name or address is different from the minors a copy of the minor’s birth certificate will also be needed.
- If the minor is accompanied by a legal guardian we require a copy of the guardianship documents and a copy of the minor’s birth certificate.
Piercing Age Limits
Why do we have age limits for piercings?
- As a teenager your body is still growing. For example, due to growth, an industrial piercing given at age 14 will most likely migrate by age 21 into a position that is not representative of a good piercing. You will most likely be unhappy with it at this point.
- Certain piercings can take months to heal and you absolutely must follow the aftercare instructions without fail, including not touching or snagging the piercing. A certain level of maturity is necessary to follow thru with proper aftercare. Lack of proper aftercare can result in a poorly healed piercing and no one wants that, especially us.
- Are there places that ignore these age limits? Yes there are, they do so because they lack experience and training, or they are more interested in your money than the consequences of what they are doing.
- As members of the Association of Professional Piercers we are obligated to observe the best practices which have been established by the industry’s leading professionals thru years of experience. We are here to provide you with nothing less than the best piercing available.
Age 5 minimum for Earlobes at the piercer’s discretion. Due to consent issues we will not pierce babies, you must be able to ask for the piercing yourself.